Career Counselling and Placement Cell was established in G S Science, Arts and Commerce College Khamgaon in the year 2008 as per the UGC XI plan guidelines. The major objective of this cell is to make students able, independent and employable in the present era.
Objectives of the Cell
- To motivate the students for getting job opportunities in all sectors.
- To conduct trainings, seminars and workshops on various skills to increase the employability of the students.
- To undertake entrepreneurship development program for Graduate and post- graduate students.
- To provide guidance regarding job and self-employment opportunities.
- To make awareness among the students about schemes like INSPIRE Scholarship, ISSIR Fellowship etc.
- To invite various companies, industries and the Government Employment office Buldhana to conduct Campus Drive.
Achievements and Regular Activities of the Cell
- We have placed 60 students of various faculties in various companies, banks, industries, in public and private sectors.
- The cell has done MOU with SHOD Infotech, Aurangabad to provide the students hands on training of advanced equipment and technology. SHOD Infotech has tie-ups with various pharmaceutical companies which conduct campus drives in our college. Thus, students get placed at an early age.
- We have also done MOU with ˜Agnipankh IAS Academy, Khamgaon. It conducts regular classes for competitive examinations for our students.
- In order to promote research culture, the students of B. Sc. are informed about various research programs run by premiere institutes in India like INSA (Indian National Science Academy), IAS (Indian Academy of Sciences), IISER (Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research) and the IITs (Indian Institute of Technology).
Managing Committee for Career Counseling and Placement Cell
|Dr V S Athawar||Convener|
|Prof . Ravindra Chavhan||Member|
|Prof. Nilesh Tambat||Member|