Babasaheb Bobdey Khelratna Scholarship
To ensure all-round development of students and achieve excellence in sports and allied area, this scholarship will be a steppingstone. There will be committee comprising of following members for the screening of the applications:
- 1. The Principal (Chairman)
- 2. The Registrar (Member)
- 3. Director of Physical Education (Member Secretary)
- 4. Two teachers from Sports and Cultural committee
Babasaheb Bobdey Khelratna Scholarship committee will ensure the selection of the student-beneficiaries(s) by considering following points.
- Admission: Students who have demonstrated themselves as a a distinguished sportsperson at district/ state/ national/ international level will be given a due weightage while preparing the merit list for admission. Additional fee waiver (partial/complete) will be given to outstanding sportspersons on recommendation of the scholarship committee.
- Sporting facilities: Development of new sports facilities (mentioned in 4A) to be provided to the sportsperson(s) should be recommended to relevant bodies like CDC/ GB. Sports committee will also ensure the maximum utilization of sporting infrastructure.
- Scholarship to Outstanding sportsperson: Students who represent the college at the university level (and above) in sports, NCC, NSS, and cultural events (Youth Festival) will be provided a scholarship of Rs 10000 each.
- Procedure for the sanction of scholarship:
- Awareness about the scholarship will be created through Induction program, college prospectus and display of circulars.
- Students will apply for scholarship in a prescribed format (Annexure 1)
- Babasaheb Bobdey Khelratna Scholarship committee will screen the application.
- Display of awardees
- Fellowship will be awarded to the scholars on the birth anniversary of Late Babasabeji Bobdey i.e. 17 April.
The decision of the screening committee for the award of scholarship will be final. The committee can vary the amount and nature of scholarship as needed.Timeline for Babasaheb Bobdey Khelratna Scholarship
Awareness/ Information to Students: First week of March
Filing of Applications by the students : Last week of March
Scrutiny of the Applications and display of the list of selected students: First week of April
Award of Fellowship : 17th April
Submission of Report to IQAC: Fourth week of AprilGeneration of funds for the scholarship:
It is expected that a fund of about Rs 15000/ per year will be required initially. Finance required for execution of this scholarship will be met through the support from the parent trust Vidarbha Shikshan Prasarak Mandal, Khamgaon, donations from alumni and philanthropists.